CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Green Thumbs???

We decided to give the gardening thing a try.  This is a first for Clint and I. (Well... we both helped in the garden as kids, but never really did much of the work.)  My sis-in-law Ashley has an awesome garden and I always love seeing the things growing in her backyard.  There is something to be said about having your own fruits and veggies that you grew yourself!  Our garden area is not huge so we planted a few things this time and we'll try a few different next time.  We planted corn, lettuce, peas, tomatoes, and still might try some bell peppers and cantaloupe.  We'll see how it all turns out.  We're just hoping for our first go round that we get to enjoy just a few veggies.


Prepping the soil!  Quite proud, can you tell?


Getting ready to plant some corn
The kids helping plant some sugar snap peas
Archer enjoying the time outside (climbing on the jeep...big surprise!)

3 comments:

Tori

So fun to have a garden!! I hope some things grow for ya.

Polly and Nathan

Farrah, I have loved looking at your blog! Your family is so beautiful and you are looking amazing! What a blessing to have 3 beautiful healthy children. I am so happy to see that things are going well for you. I tried to find you on face book so I could send you a message but for some reason I couldn't find you, so you will have to find me. Take care! Love Polly

heather ann

oh farrah...Im so jealous! I love that you planned a spot in your landscaping for a garden...so smart! We have been talking about doing some box gardens, but can't quite figure out the best place to put them. You'll have to keep me updated on your success. That's awesome!