CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

11 months...

This little man is 11 months old and is getting more fun every day! (except for the teething part, he is really a happy boy!)  Archer experienced a few fun and not-so fun things this month.

1st trip to urgent care: What we thought was just a cold quickly turned into more and gave us a scare.  Archer woke up from his nap breathing very rapidly (about 72 times a min.) was running a fever while on Ibuprofen and was acting very lethargic.  I decided to take him in and because it was a Sunday evening we opted for Urgent Care.  It turns out he had his 1st ear infection and a viral infection.  Once on the antibiotics he seemed so much happier!

Stands alone and took his first few steps on his own:  Although he's not yet walking he loves to cruise around and just stand up by himself.  

Experienced his first stomach flu:  This is the absolute worst with a baby.  They do not understand and still want to eat and drink.  I felt so helpless for him.  Luckily we're all back to our normal selves and seem to be rid of the bugs that were lurking around for so long!

Quite the climber:  He loves to climb on everything.  At this stage I am so glad I don't have stairs!  I left the stool out next to the counter and was talking on the phone to Clint.  I turned my back for a minute and when I turned back around Archer had climbed up the two steps on the stool and was attempting to climb on the counter to get a banana.  I screamed, which scared him and caused him to fall, but I luckily caught him with my one free hand.  {lesson learned}

Does not like shopping carts:  He has recently learned that if he whines enough at the store I will eventually pick him up and then he whines til' I let him down.  Down as in on the ground!  He does not want to be in the shopping cart.  Needless to say, it's really hard to get any shopping done with him.  If I really want to get something done I have to bring a sucker along.  Works like a charm!

1 comments:

Tori

He is too cute! What a stinker for climbing everything! Glad he is feeling better now.