CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 29, 2010

Jack O' Lanterns

Last night was the first free night we've had all week, so we decided to carve our pumpkins. Caden chose a scary pumpkin Zorro on a horse and Lexi made up her own classic Jack O Lantern face. As tradition holds true, I gutted (is that the right terminology?) the pumpkins. What's with that? I think it's fun, yet no one else wants to get their hands dirty. Maybe Archer will help me out next year? Just maybe. Archer lasted for the first 5 min. and then went to bed, which is why there are no pics of him. Once we had completed the carving we always take them out on the front porch and light them to get the "real" affect of how they turned out. Unfortunately, I could not find my tea lights any where. I must have misplaced them during the move. Clint couldn't wait until I made my way to the store the next day, so he went out and bought some that night. By the time he made it home (who knew it could take 45 min. to run in Bashas and Walgreens and find tea lights), it was way past bed time but we did get to see the lit pumpkins which the kids were pretty proud of!

Lexi was practicing her picture taking skills...

...hence my head is cut off!

Clint takes this night pretty serious! In fact at one point I asked if he had great family memories doing this growing up? He says he doesn't really remember doing this as a family. I on the other hand LOVE carving pumpkins and always remember doing it together as a family. I remember my Dad, the artist, would come up with the coolest faces and if we were lucky my Mom would toast the pumpkin seeds for us to eat. I hope to build the same memories for my kids!

looks intense and dangerous!

The final product! The picture doesn't do them justice.