CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Who Knew???

(Disclaimer: I am NOT pregnant!)

While both my children are taking a nap this afternoon (Woohoo!) I decide to get a few things done I have put off. My single stroller that matches my infant carrier (it came as a travel system), has a rear wheel that fell off and will not go back on. At first the thought came into my mind, "sweet! Now when I have another baby I'll need a new single stroller. This works out perfect because there is no way Clint will let me buy ANOTHER stroller (I already have 4, but they all have different uses) and now if it's broken then oh well!" I decided that this train of thought is not the best and I've been told to "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"

I decided I would take this sound advice and make it do.

After scrummaging through all my owner's manuals, (note to self: need to organize those) I found my infant carrier and stroller one. Now here's the skinny: Infant Carriers Expire! Who knew??? I sure didn't. I couldn't believe this. Apparently the plastic the carrier is made of will break down and may not be visible. There have been crash tests done with expired car seats and the harness breaks through the shell of the seat upon impact. I looked on the bottom of my seat and sure enough: 6 years from the manufacturing date mine expires.

I guess I can still make do with my stroller, but as far as the carrier goes: better safe than sorry!

4 comments:

Cheryl

I read that the average family has 7 strollers. So, tell Clint you're actually behind!

The bottom of your infant seat should say the expiration date, too.

Jeff and Ashleigh

We had 5. Until I sold the double one recently. Now we have 4. And only one child that actually will still ride in one... and rarely. Anyway...

So... is there some special reason you're looking at your old infant seat and stroller at this particular time??? (any announcements to be made???) ;)

standifird family

we need a 3 car garage for all of our wheels! They really do have all different uses...not all men understand. That's a common debate at our house too.

I wasn't going to ask, but since ashleigh did...announcement? :)jk, kind of

Ashley

so do they actually have expiration dates ON the carseat??? yeah i don't know what it's like to have complete silence.