CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Look who's two!

It's hard to believe Caden is already two. We celebrated his birthday on sunday with family and Caden had such a great time. He was excited the whole time. He knew exactly what was going on. He blew out the candles all by himself and had no problem opening each gift by himself. He cheered and had a big smile after each gift and was sure to give everyone there a big hug afterwards. Thanks to everyone that celebrated our little guy's big day!

These are some of my favorite things about Caden at two years old:

  • He wakes up each morning with a big smile on his face! It makes it awfully hard to ever be in a bad mood.
  • For being so young (and a boy!) he has such an opinion on what he wants to wear each day. He'll pick out his shorts and knows exactly what shirt and shoes he wants to wear with them.
  • He loves the water! We go swimming at least 3 times a week (in addition to swim lessons) because he loves it! He jumps in, dunks his head and loves to look around underwater. He's quite the little fish.
  • He loves his big sister and wants to be like her in so many ways. Lexi takes her book of Mormon to church each week and when Caden sees that she has hers he has to carry his too. He loves to play with her and is a great sharer (most of the time).
  • He has a soft side to him...which I just love. If he goes in time out, he will always say sorry and give the person a big hug. He is sincere and really does care about others.
  • My favorite time is when I put Caden to sleep. He is my cuddle bug. He will lay his blanket on my shoulder, exactly how he wants it (with no wrinkles) and then lays on my shoulder while I sing him songs. His favorite right now is "when Daddy comes home." I cherish this because I'm sure it won't last too long. Daddy loves this time too.
  • One of Clint's favorite moments is when he comes home each day. Caden hears the garage door open and immediately runs to the door yelling, "Daddy, Daddy." He opens the door, runs out and meets Daddy in his car to give him a big hug. He has the best times with his Dad and can't wait for him to be home!

7 comments:

Ashley

We were bummed we couldn't make it but it looks like a great party and a good turnout. I love the baseball cupcakes, did you make them? Well I hope Caden doesn't mind Jacks has been playing with his toy whenever he can find it, still in the packaging but Jacks loves it so hopefully Caden will too. See you guys tomorrow. Oh and the cabin sounds like a blast.

The Greer Family

Happy Birthday Caden! What a fun time. You and Parker need to get together and play sometime.

Stephanie

Jeff and Ashleigh

What a cutie! I think I forgot how close in age he was to my boys... Now that I think about it, you were due before me, and I had mine before you! Now I remember. He sure is cute, though. He sounds a lot like my boys are. They, too, have an opinion about what to wear, and love to cuddle with their blankets when they're tired. We sure miss you guys! You'll have to visit when you're in UT sometime...

Unknown

doesn't the time go by so quick? I cannot believe he is already two. It looks like you guys had a fun fourth as well. I couldn't really blog about our fourth of july because I was at girls camp over the holiday and missed all the excitement at home. We didn't even see one firework while we were at Camp LoMia. Major bummer :)

Nikki

Happy Birthday Caden! I can't believe how fast time goes.

The Jackson Family

Another shout out to Caden!!! He is such a handsome little boy and just so cute!

Anonymous

Looks like such a fun party - I can't believe he's 2! He looks like such a happy little boy :)

(To answer your question... yes, Ryan got a job in Salt Lake with an investment banking firm - so we decided to make the big move to Utah!)