CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Grandma Westphal

My wonderful Grandma passed away the end of June.  It was unexpected, which meant we took a last minute trip up to Utah for the funeral.  I will miss my grandma dearly!  I love her!  Some my most favorite memories:
*having a "2nd" Christmas at her house every year; yes! She spoiled us!
*playing scrabble with her
*always being excited to have thanksgiving dinner at her house where I knew she'd make my favorite shrimp salad!
*Visiting her with my children {her only great grand children} and her loving every minute of it!
*Her love for her family!  It is unfailing...she'd do anything for them!

Nothing like a little dance party in the car to make it through the 10 1/2 hr. drive....


My dad, my brother Justin, and my brother Joel-pall bearers

This is 4 generations: my grandpa, mom, me and Lexi



We stayed for a few extra days in Utah to enjoy the cooler weather.  While there, we took the kids on a hike up to Bridal Veil Falls.



We also couldn't leave without making a trip to Brick Oven and going bowling at the Y.



2 comments:

Tori

So sorry for your loss. It seems that I was in the same position as you at the end of June (except it was my grandpa who passed away). It sucks. Hope you are all doing well. Sure miss you guys!

Cheryl

My mom was here when this happened and I was so sorry when she told me. Sending hugs.