CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

At last, I have some pictures of our new home and the progression along the way of it being built! These are for all those people who asked me to post pictures on here. It has been so fun to see our house being built from the ground up. The kids loved to visit it, especially Caden with all the dirt to play in.

We sold our home back in October. We closed on our home while Clint was in Europe for 3 weeks. We weren't sure when the close date would be, so he left for business and I stayed home hoping that everything went through with the sale fine. It did and I signed all of the papers for both him (POA) and I. I packed our house by myself and had everything set and ready to move on Sat. Oct 17. Clint came home on the Friday night before to a packed up, bare wall home. We moved in with my parents and they were so generous to allow us to store all of our stuff at their house!

We ended up moving into our new house Jan. 2nd. We took a couple of weeks after we closed to paint, install blinds and ceiling fans. Though we miss living at my parents house, we're glad we have our own place now that's not too far away! Caden was so sweet and did not want to leave Grandpa and Grandma's house. He had the hardest time and shed a few tears more than once. The first time we went back over after we had moved Caden's response was, "Oh Mom, you did tell me we would come back over!"

I am happy to say that I feel somewhat settled now. We still have a lot to do when it comes to decorating items, but we've got the necessities all covered. Clint has been awesome and spent so much time on his "honey do" list. Though we miss our old ward and friends, we really love everything about the new home! The neighbors are great, the ward seems awesome and the neighborhood we just love!

breaking ground

framing has begun

Lexi in her room

Caden in his room

sheet rock

stucco

drywall

almost there!

so excited about the open kitchen


Home Sweet Home!