CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Little Miss Independent!

So our daily routine for preschool normally is walk Lexi into her class, make sure she gets her name tag, help her put her backpack and jacket away, and then proceed to tell her I'll miss her, give her a hug and kiss and say, "have fun!" Well, today was different. We went to her classroom and she looked up at me gave me my hug and kiss and proceeded to walk into her class by herself. She looked up at me and said she doesn't need help and didn't want me to come in her classroom with her. I knew the day would come that she would want me to drop her off without coming in, I just didn't think it would be when she was so young. I guess I should appreciate her independence and be glad that she is happy and loving school!

10 comments:

Ashley

OOOHHHH that hurts!

Anonymous

Awww... I'm dreading that day. I have to keep reminding myself to cherish the moments when Hayden wants to be with me and hang on me, because those days will be gone before I know it. But I'm sure you're glad to know you raised a little lady who has confidence to do her own thing!

Anonymous

She is just growing up tooo fast! Its hard to be happy in moments like that when you know its a good thing but its just so sad!

The Jackson Family

She is just a little lady now! I was just telling Aspyn today that she needs to always love having me by herside but I know that that day will come, ahhh!

Ashley

Who in the heck are these people in your family side?

Belkycita

Oh noooo!
I don't want that day to come :-( Can I call you when it happens to me? I'm sure it will happen the first week of school.

Unknown

Too cute! Hey, I lost your phone number... but wanted to let you guys know that we are having Robby's birthday party this Saturday at our house. I think at 4 or 4:30pm. We will have pizza, cake, etc! We hope you can make it. Sorry for the last minute notice :)

Cheryl

"Ketchesons" is actually Belky, but I'll call you too!

Cheryl

Moms should never feel dumb. We're just focused on so much important stuff that it's hard to keep everything straight. I was happy to hear from you!

Melissa

I'm not looking forward to that day either, although, Kalyn is already like that with nursery at church (always has been actually) :(